Lauren Conrad is my style icon and role model in life – I am inspired by everything she does, whether that’s starting her own clothing line or taking a beautiful Instagram photo. When it comes to fashion, she always looks chic and stylish. I recently saw this look in Darling Magazine and love how simple it is while also incorporating trendy elements, such as the asymmetrical skirt. It’s a great business casual outfit for summer. To get the look, start with a basic black tank top layered under a beige blazer. Pair with a white asymmetrical skirt or skort (yes, skorts are back!). I never would have thought about pairing the white and light beige hues, but it looks crisp and classy. Finish the look with some strappy black heels. When it comes to beauty, a berry-colored lip gloss will pop against the neutral tones of the ensemble. To complete the polished, yet casual look, pull hair back into a sleek ponytail.
Spring has sprung! I’m loving the styles this season. It’s nice to live in a city where the sun already shines and winter clothes are packed away. Here is what I’m excited to shop for:
- Floral statement necklace. Add a pop of spring to your wardrobe with this flower power accessory from Wet Seal.
- Structured, studded tote. This Valentino tote, priced at $2,000, is just a little out of my price range… but studs are here to stay! Hopefully it’s not too hard to find a knockoff?
- Distressed boyfriend jeans. This casual, comfortable pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans can be dressed up or dressed down. Pair them with a feminine top, stylish accessories and sexy heels to balance out the tomboy denim.
- Hot pink crop top. From girly to edgy, this Topshop tank from Nordstrom is very versatile and can work with all personal styles. Plus, the cutouts in the back are so fun and unexpected!
- Strappy, black heels. With the open toe and look of a bootie, these Michael Kors heels are right on trend.