Don’t let those perfectly edited photos on your phone just sit around and collect dust (figuratively speaking). Get crafty and make some coasters with them! It’s a fun way to share photos and bring up conversations when guests are over. They add a personalized touch to any coffee table. I used photos from a trip to Cabo as well as other random favorites. They are simple and inexpensive to make. I’ve also used scrapbook paper instead of photos, which looked great, too! Keep them for yourself or wrap them up as a gift!
- Printed 4″ x 4″ Instagram photos
- 4.25″ x 4.25″ tiles (I got them from Home Depot for 11 cents each)
- Mod Podge (I used the outdoor version)
- foam paint brush
- Clear Acrylic spray
- Small, round felt pads
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the tile and stick on the photo. Make sure there are not any air bubbles that form underneath it. Sometimes it helps to run a credit card or similar flat edge over it to make sure. Let dry for a couple of minutes.
- Next, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo. The brush marks should go in the same direction (i.e., either vertical or horizontal). Let dry.
- Paint another coat over the photo in the opposite direction. Let dry.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time.
- Once the Mod Podge has dried, spray coaster with a light layer of Clear Acrylic spray. Add 2 more coats, drying in between.
- Stick a felt pad in each of the 4 corners.
- Pour some drinks and put them to the test :)