Happy Easter! I hope everyone is enjoying some quality family time, egg hunts and sweet treats! If you’re looking for a last-minute dessert, these macaroons are a quick, delicious cookie that everyone will love – even those who don’t love coconut.
Coconut Macaroons with Nutella
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 cups coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella
- Cadbury milk chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, coconut, salt, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl, until dough forms. Drop by spoonful onto prepared cookie sheet. Use your thumb or a spoon to make an indentation in the center to form a nest shape. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- When completely cooled, fill each nest with 1-2 tsp. of Nutella and top with a few eggs.
I’m not a huge fan of coconut, but these sweet, chewy treats are too tasty to pass up! I love the chocolate side… shocking, right?! My mom makes these chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons every year for Easter and they are always a crowd pleaser. Below is her recipe. Enjoy :)
- 2 (14 oz.) bags sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted (or 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (except the chocolate!!) until thoroughly combined.
- Press dough into a soup spoon or small ice cream scoop and release onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- Dip one side of each cookie in melted chocolate and place on a tray lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.