Rob loves snacking on chips and salsa, so when we bought a food processor the first thing he made was tomatillo avocado salsa. We loved it as the fresh ingredients make it stand out from store-bought dips. It’s the perfect combination of salsa and guacamole with just enough spice. Pair it with a refreshing margarita and you’ve got a flavorful fiesta!
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked and sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. On baking sheet covered with foil, place the tomatillo halves, seed-side down, jalapeño and garlic. Cook (or broil) for about 10 minutes, until tomatillos and softened and slightly charred. Let cool.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño, onion, cilantro and scooped avocado to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.