Back in college, B4D (breakfast for dinner) was one of my favorite meals served in the sorority and I would always be first in line for the sweet treats. I love when it is acceptable to indulge in dessert-like dishes for dinner. If it were up to me, chocolate chip pancakes would be a supper staple! I decided to channel this B4D mentality because my fiance is on a midnight work schedule, so his breakfast is my dinner. This sweet potato breakfast crisp makes for a delicious start to the morning… or evening. It was very filling, yet relatively healthy – Rob even thought it would be a good pre-hike meal.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Crisp
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and the coconut oil. Add honey, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, whisking until combined. Add diced sweet potato and toss until fully coated. Place in 16-ounce ramekin or divide between two 10-ounce ramekins.
- In the same bowl, add remaining tablespoon of butter and oats. Combine until well-coated and crumbly, then sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft. Test the pieces with a knife before removing from oven. Serve hot.