While looking up some recipes to make for a special Easter breakfast, I came across too many that I wanted to try. French toast, cinnamon rolls, quiche… why not make them all? I decided to combine two of the three and make Cinnamon Roll French Toast. It was easy to prep ahead of time and didn’t require many ingredients. I baked the cinnamon rolls the night before so that they would be completely cooled and just stale enough the next morning. When it was time for breakfast, all I did was whip up the egg mixture and grill the French toast. Easy, delicious and
healthy. Okay, so it’s not healthy, but it is a sweet breakfast treat.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- 1 can (12.4 oz.) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Bake cinnamon rolls as directed on package. Let cool completely.
- Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat griddle to 375 degrees or heat skilled over medium heat.
- Slice each roll in half crosswise.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and vanilla until combined. Dip each cinnamon roll slice into egg mixture, flipping to coat completely. Place on griddle and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together icing and remaining 2 tablespoons syrup. Microwave for 10-20 seconds, until combined and smooth. Serve over French toast.