I’m not the only baker in the family. My sister made one of her specialties while I was visiting her last weekend – her cinnamon roll French toast bake. She lives in Twentynine Palms, Calif. and it was so fun to spend some quality time with her and her husband (and their really cute dog, Gunner, of course). She made this tasty breakfast for us before we took a little day trip to Palm Springs. I had never been there, so I loved checking out the cute shops and cafes, especially the chocolate store!
Now back to the amazing cinnamon roll bake… It’s perfect for a lazy Sunday morning or Christmas brunch. Serve with a fresh cup of coffee topped with homemade whipped cream and I’m a happy camper!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cans (12.4 oz. each) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter and pour in ungreased 13″ x 9″ glass dish.
- Separate cans of dough into 16 rolls reserving the icing for later use. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in cream, cinnamon and vanilla, until combined. Evenly pour over cinnamon roll pieces. Drizzle syrup on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Take metal cover off of icing and microwave for about 15 seconds, until thin enough to drizzle on top of baked cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.