“It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!” – Agnes, Despicable Me
Yes, she is talking about a unicorn, but she easily could have been describing these cookies. They are so soft and moist, plus anything dipped in chocolate is delicious. These chewy cookies would be a yummy Valentine’s Day treat for your special someone – and very cute wrapped in a Mason jar.
- 8-ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture and stir until combined.
- On an ungreased baking sheet (or baking sheet with Silpat mat), drop rounded tablespoons of dough
- Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are set. When in question, I always err on the side of underbaked because they will still continue to cook ounce out of the oven. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Cover baking sheet or plate with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Once melted, dip bottom of cookies and then place on prepared baking sheet or plate. Let chocolate harden. Enjoy :)