Christmas shopping for the coffee drinkers in your life? They will love this personalized, yet inexpensive gift. While looking for a birthday present to give my sister, I came across this monogrammed, chevron mug at Target and knew she would love it. Thus began my coffee themed present! She’s a huge Starbucks fan, so I couldn’t pass up the mini red cup gift cards they have this season. I also wanted to add a personalized touch and had previously made some Instagram coasters that turned out well, so I decided to make some with her favorite photos. The coasters were by far her favorite part of the present! Below is how I made them.
- Printed 4″ x 4″ Instagram photos (You can order them straight from your phone at Walgreens)
- 4.25″ x 4.25″ tiles (found at Home Depot for 11 cents each)
- Mod Podge (I used the outdoor version)
- Foam paint brush
- Clear Acrylic spray
- Small, round felt pads
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the tile and stick on the photo. Make sure there are not any air bubbles that form underneath it. Sometimes it helps to run a credit card or similar flat edge over it to make sure. Let dry for a couple of minutes.
- Next, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo. The brush marks should go in the same direction (i.e., either vertical or horizontal). Let dry.
- Paint another coat over the photo in the opposite direction. Let dry.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time.
- Once the Mod Podge has dried, spray coaster with a light layer of Clear Acrylic spray. Add 2 more coats, drying in between.
- Stick a felt pad in each of the 4 corners.