You know the phrase “We go together like peanut butter and jelly?” Well, I think it should be changed to peanut butter and chocolate. It’s a classic combo that can’t be beat. These brownies help prove my point. Topped with sea salt, it is the perfect balance between salty and sweet.
- 10 Tbsp. butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- Butter the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ baking pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Butter paper. Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and eggs until fully incorporated. Mix in cocoa, flour and salt until smooth. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, cream the peanut butter and butter until combined. I used a standing mixer on medium-high speed to make it light and fluffy. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until completely incorporated. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Enjoy :)