Summer is the season for barbecues and it isn’t over yet! Whether it’s burgers or steaks you’re grilling up, no BBQ is complete without sides. A few of my favorite sides are baked beans and creamed corn, so I wanted to share a couple of recipes that I always make for our barbecued meals.
- 1 can baked beans seasoned with brown sugar, partially drained
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. steak sauce
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 cup kielbasa, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 10″ x 6″ baking dish with Canola Oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together beans, onion powder, crushed pineapple, brown sugar, steak sauce, mustard and kielbasa. Pour into prepared pan.
- Lay bacon strips across the top. Evenly spread ketchup over bacon.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until the bacon is caramelized and fully cooked.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour (may need more depending on consistency)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stir together corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Add to corn mixture and stir until combined. Add more flour if it is still really watery, but not too much because it will still thicken.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and corn is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Hope everyone has a happy Labor Day! It’s the perfect chance to do some more barbecuing before summer comes to an end.