Happy National S’mores Day! In honor of this summery holiday, I decided to add a twist to my favorite treat. Hence this recipe for s’more puppy chow! You can experience this campfire combo without camping in the woods.
Besides being addictive and delicious, puppy chow always brings back great memories. My best friend and I used to make this all the time. We have been friends since third grade and now almost 15 years later and a few states away, we are still as close as ever. Munching on puppy chow reminds me of our annual family vacation to Lake Chelan, snacking after a snow day full of sledding on the golf course and a night in watching A Walk to Remember for the one millionth time. Girl friends are the best :)
- 6 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate, peanut butter, butter and vanilla over low heat.
- Once smooth, add 3/4 cup marshmallow. Stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Golden Grahams and remaining marshmallows until fully coated in chocolate mixture.
- In a large Ziplock bag, pour in powdered sugar. Then spoon in the cereal mixture. Seal and shake, shake, shake! I love this part :)
- Once coated, pour onto wax paper to cool.
- Serve and try not to eat the whole bowl in one sitting (or do!).