I’m not a huge fan of coconut, but these sweet, chewy treats are too tasty to pass up! I love the chocolate side… shocking, right?! My mom makes these chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons every year for Easter and they are always a crowd pleaser. Below is her recipe. Enjoy :)
- 2 (14 oz.) bags sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted (or 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (except the chocolate!!) until thoroughly combined.
- Press dough into a soup spoon or small ice cream scoop and release onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- Dip one side of each cookie in melted chocolate and place on a tray lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.