Like I have said many times before, I am a chocoholic. When it comes to sweet treats, the darker and fudgier the better. My friend invited a few of us over for dinner, so of course I offered to bring dessert– I embrace any excuse to bake! No matter what the main dish is, I believe that chocolate is the perfect way to end a meal. These fudgy brownies were a hit! The four of us ate almost the entire 8×8 pan of these dense, rich treats. This decadent dessert will satisfy even the most intense chocolate craving!
- 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F; grease 8×8 baking pan
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the unsweetened baking chocolate and butter. Melt over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Using a standing mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until light yellow in color. Add sugar and blend until combined.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until smooth. Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased pan and smooth with spatula. Evenly sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until the batter is set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean). Don’t over bake!! :)
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate. It is best served chilled, so let it refrigerate for at least an hour.
- *Use this nifty trick to cut them neatly: run a sharp knife under hot water then wipe dry. Much smoother!