Today I was doing a little shopping with my mom at University Village and came across this delicious-looking sauce at Williams-Sonoma. I was intrigued! Obviously I love pumpkin, but oddly enough I’m not a fan of pasta. However, I needed to try this sauce! That’s when it hit me… I will finally try making spaghetti squash!
I walked over to Trader Joe’s in hopes of finding this interesting spaghetti squash I have heard so much about recently. Sure enough, there it was! It came with a sticker with instructions on how to cook it in the microwave, but I decided to research some ways to cook it in the oven instead. Here is what I found and how I cooked this yummy pasta substitute:
All you need is one spaghetti squash to make about 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Start by piercing the shell with a large fork and then place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, until flesh is tender.
- When cool enough to hold, cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and fibrous strings from the center.
- Then begin to shred the rest of the squash using a fork and scoop out the spaghetti strands.
- Finally, I microwaved 1 cup of sauce for 30 seconds and mixed it into one serving of spaghetti.