While in Roche Harbor, I had the most amazing sandwich at Madrona Bar & Grill. I was sitting at our table for two on the sunny deck overlooking the harbor when this item menu caught my eye: “Flame-Grilled Basil Chicken with imported double cream Brie, vine ripe tomato, artisan greens and roasted walnut – cranberry mayonnaise on tender herb crusted Focaccia.” It was even more amazing than it sounds! So delicious that I made my own copy-cat version when I got home.
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Mixed greens
- Cook skinless, boneless chicken breast seasoned with basil
- Cut Focaccia bread horizontally so you have a top and bottom half
- Slice Brie into thin slices, then melt on one slide of bread in the oven
- Mix mayo and cranberry sauce
- Cut up chicken into pieces; place it on bread with cranberry-mayo, and lettuce